6/23/15

Testimony about Medjugorje from an Italian priest

date: 22.06.2015.
Father Giuseppe Piva from Vicenza visited Medjugorje recently. He began his priesthood with the Franciscans of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, but because of his health difficulties he had to leave that order and he is now active as the Diocesan priest in Palestrina, close to Rome. He came to Medjugorje in 1986 after he completed high school and told us this: „Back in those days I was going to the church, I was the altar boy, but I cannot say that I was the true Christian who lived his Christianity every day in the genuine way. It was after the confession that new horizons and new perspectives were opened and my heart began to thirst for God. When I recall the past, I know it existed earlier in me as well. But, from that time, it was different, it was more profound. Desire to consecrate myself to God was bigger and bigger and after a few years I began to study theology. It was after the studies that I had some time to reflect upon this all, as I wanted to have deeper relationship with God. Sadly, we did not pray that much when I was seminarian. I came to Medjugorje and I was here for seven – eight months.” He added that after months he spent in prayer here in Medjugorje he continued his studies and completed it. In 1999, he was ordained as a priest. “I am really happy to be a priest and I am so grateful to God. I am trying to live Our Lady’s messages in my life. It was in Medjugorje that I felt how Church is alive and places Jesus and Mother Mary in the centre. I felt that Gospa’s intercession in God’s heart is really almighty”, said Fr. Giuseppe.     http://www.medjugorje.hr/en/

No comments: